Friday, October 8, 2010

WK 27: Hiking the Trails


There is never a shortage of new and interesting things to look at
- no matter how often I hike the same trails.

Muskoka is beautiful - Nature is magnificent.
Hope you can lace up your runners and join me soon.

Thanks for walking with me on my footpath this week.

Gillian

The Photos are HERE:
http://www.crackers.gilliancards.com/BracebridgePhotoProject/BBwk27.htm

The 3rd Annual Muskoka Fall Colours Slide Show is HERE: 




REMINDER:

The new  Muskoka Trails 'Map Clips' are available.
You can buy them at Muskoka Bean on Manitoba Street for just $5.

The Clip Book contains trail maps for 6 Muskoka Regions - each page is plastic protected, features a map, access points, parking locations and items of interest. Each trail also features a "Volkssport Rating" to indicate the walking difficulty.  I don't know if I particularly agree with these ratings for Bracebridge.  One trail which I find especially easy, is rate 5E - the most difficult level but another trail that I believe to be the hardest in town is given only a 3E.  So maybe some of this is subjective!
Anyway, these attractive Clips can be handily attached to your back pack.
(They also sell pkgs. of Trail Mix to benefit the Muskoka Trails Council)

For more information, Twitter here:  http://twitter.com/healthymuskoka




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?